Skip to main content

I can't feel my knees

As always lets start with the bad so I can finish on a good note.


Eating has been crap.  I went to two afterwork events, I was moderate, but there were carbs....lovely delicious carbs.....





Anyway, I decided to do a fake weigh in today.  A fake weigh in is weighing in the morning AFTER I do my workout.  I was 363, so I'm probably 364 or 365.  My ankles are still swollen from my period AND I'm sure the carbs aren't helping. Next week is another round of hanging out and eating with friends. The week after that I go away for a week.  All this mean is my diet is going to blah until august.  I am going to take it one day at a time and try and make good choices.


The good.  I am going on a boat ride tomorrow and since I want to be able to function and make sure I get all my works outs in I doubled up...   I did cardio fix and dirty 30.  I was sort of dreading it since of all the 21DF workouts cardio fix is the one I like the least, but I wanted to get all my workouts in and I've realized working out will help burn off some of the extra carbs I'm eating.


I did cardio fix up until the bonus...I thought about doing it, but I wanted to have energy for dirty 30 so I moved on.  I love dirty 30.  I hung in for all of that and did a fitness blender cool down. I did it, but I could barely walk at the end of it.  I stupidly also did lower fix yesterday and that is a no no.  I didn't rest my legs for a day.  I'll live...blah...


NSV- I did downward facing dog.  It was actually a complete accident. I've posted repeatedly my dislike (fear) of doing floorwork. Sometimes I'll do it, but downward facing dog was always on the no list.  I was following the fitness blender cooldown and they talked me through it and THEN said you're in downward facing dog....It wasn't horrible.  Reminds me I need to try stuff more often.




During my 21DF workout.  I jogged through the burpees, but I did modified mountain climbers.  I put my hands on a seat of a chair and did them.  I had to use more energy, but it was doable and I felt the burn. 



A lot of this is inspired by coach tulin she is a plus sized beach body coach.  I came across her when I was checking into t25.  I was putting in t25 obese, t25 beginner and she popped up.  I wanted to see reviews of the DVD by people closer to my size and/or possible modifications. She makes me feel like being big shouldn't stop you from trying, you can modify and keep going.


I kind of want her to be my beachbody coach, but I have issues with beachbody.  For now I'll just admire her from afar.


Anyway, back on topic...loving working out. I have more energy, but I'm also ready to fall into a come by 9pm at night. Tied in with this I have one more week of 21 day fix.  I've learned with weightloss  you should always have some kind guide or plan...Winging it tends to leave you with wagon tracks on your back.


So I ordered t25 and piyo.  I love 21DF, but I have exercise ADD. I also want to work on my flexibility.  Rather than do them separately I'm going to do a hybrid. Beachbody has a hybrid schedule.  There is also a workout scheduler generator.  You put in the DVDs you have it spits out a custom schedule.  My only issue with the random scheduler is I don't know the DVDs well enough to know how good the scheduler is, so as I type this I'm going to go with the beachbody schedule.  Its 8 week.  I'll probably only do 4 and then see where I am.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing ok

Only did the second cheerleader video can't find belly butt and thighs, so I might do that tonight. cardio overdrive 40 min, I thought it was really only 20 something. So I'm good for right now. Eating has been pretty good. I'll get on the scale saturday morning. Something I realized I'm never going to be as focused as when I first started this journey, which is probably ok since I couldn't maintain that forever...same food over and over again ...blah... Yesterday I had a busy day and wanted to go out and buy food even though I had brough lunch. I stayed in the office and ate my rice and carrots. Something else in NY they have the calories on everything, so the choclate crossiant that I had brainwashed myself into believe it was 200 Calories is more like 400+ with a class of milk that about 600 calories for breakfast. So i realized I could have an english muffin, milk and saugage (from home) and be just as fine....so even less eating out. I don't want to kno

Staying on Track even when cheating.

Usually when I post there is a overall point or idea I'm trying to express.  This is just a catchup post.  Last week I only worked out once.  Part of that was due to working late and just not being able to get it together and part was Friday waking up and being heavier than I thought I should be.  In the end I realized I'm still in the mid 350s, and didn't sky rocket up tot he 360s.  I didn't binge and totally screw my progress so I'm happy. So I do want to list my cheats this weekend. I had a party weekend and I cheated, but it was pretty controlled.  Friday I had a parfait from my usual salad spot.  Thai chili wings from the restaurant at the hotel.  Saturday Fish Tacos and Thai chili wings (yes, I really liked them, lol). Sunday Cheesy potatos and half a waffle for breakfast.  I ate in addition to this stuff, but it was on plan. I was starting to get into the mindset that I need to workout harder and longer and whenever I start doing that it work agains

Getting old

So yesterday was a pretty ok day, It all went down hill when I ate my salad for lunch.  In literally the last year I've become allergic to tree nuts,not peanuts.  I'm not a big nut person in general, but yesterday I had a salad with pesto checking in it.  I got itchy.  My co-worker realized the pesto probably had pine nuts in it. So they gave me some children's benedryl..I think I was better off being slightly itchy.  In fact I'm sure I was better off.  For literally the rest of the day I just couldn't seem to wake up.  I went home and at 9. I just crashed. and that was children's benedryl.  I think I've only felt like that after doing lots of shots at a dive bar.  I might need this for my next party. Anyway I woke up today, with two slightly swollen stiff knees so no workout.  I had done 2 days in a row, so I"m ok with the day off.  Tomorrow instead of whatever my hybrid schedule her I'll do 21 day fix upper fix and piyo upper bod