Skip to main content

Avoiding Vacation Sticker Shock and Rebounding



Back from Miami. I have come to realize women are awesome and can form great bonds, but they can also be full of drama for no reason.  I had a great time and definitely want to go back.

The "rules" for my trip away were no pasta, rice or potoatoes.  I think I had rice or potatoes with most of my meals.  I didn't go overboard, no binging or huge portions.  Then there was the drinking.  I haven't really drank in a while...so I didn't go overboard, but I drank my fair share.

Drinks at Wet Willies in Miami


My ankles were not the biggest I've seen, but definitely swollen.  I decided when I got back no scale.  I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

When I got back it was a struggle to get up and workout.  It almost felt like the first couple of weeks. Also doing things that had gotten easier felt like a big of a struggle.

Tuesday I got on the scale and I was 359.0.  I am stupidly happy I was in the 350s.  I'm also positive if I had gotten on the scale when I got back I would have had extreme sad face.

Back on the scale thursday and I'm either 355 or 354.  My scale is dying and I'm going to order a new one today.  Either way I'm in a happy place.  Today would normally be my cheat day, and I did have one donut, other that that I am going to try and stick to my plan for another week.

I don't want to set a specific goal since I've realized alot can happen, but I would be really happy to finish out the summer in the 340s.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick Recap

Well I am ashamed it has been this long since I posted. I got down to 306 after much not eating and too much exercising, but after the trip to Jamaica I haven't gotten back in the groove of things. I think alot of that has to do with issues with the Ex. Those may not be settled, but i am not as emotionally invested as I won't was. With IE I was able to stay at 320 or under. I am 312 now, and focused once again. I am not nearly as strict as I was, which might also explain why I haven't gotten under 300. Anyway....Thats where I am at now. Will try and write more later.

Finding Joy in the Little Changes

So it's taken me 2 months to lose 4 lbs.  I know people are are gonna ready that and be like dude you suck. There are a couple of things to note: When  I started 2 months ago I was 359 and then the week after I went up to 363. I checked my spreadsheet and I haven't been 355 or lower in 4 years.  I've been struggling in the 360s for YEARS !!!!!! I've been in the 350s for a couple of weeks with a mostly steady decline I'm not struggling with eating, and working out is doable. In terms of non scale victories.  I can eat salad. It isn't the end of the world and honestly when I'm out and about it takes the weight of having to figure out what to eat. I don't feel the need to eat EVERYTHING on my plate. I don't eat what I don't want.  ( We will ignore the cream puff I had yesterday) I have more energy.  I don't come home and veg doing nothing until bed time.  I mean I do it sometimes, but if I need to do something I am more lik...

Up 3 lbs.

Well I just couldn't what to weigh myself and I am up 3 lbs. Normally I would be devastated, but Everything 3fc has taught says 1. I should probably weight myself in the morning. 2. It is not the end of the world. I also have to admit i overate yesterday, and I had a big meal Saturday . So the plans is to stick to what I am supposed to do and weigh again Saturday morning. The guy I am seeing will be up Saturday morning, and it is Super bowl weekend, so eating is not going to be the greatest this weekend. Everything else is ok. Added Later I just realized I got cocky. I assumed since I had had all this great weight loss I could eat whatever. I have not been eating intuitively. So I am glad I did the weighin and will try and do better.