Skip to main content

Avoiding Vacation Sticker Shock and Rebounding



Back from Miami. I have come to realize women are awesome and can form great bonds, but they can also be full of drama for no reason.  I had a great time and definitely want to go back.

The "rules" for my trip away were no pasta, rice or potoatoes.  I think I had rice or potatoes with most of my meals.  I didn't go overboard, no binging or huge portions.  Then there was the drinking.  I haven't really drank in a while...so I didn't go overboard, but I drank my fair share.

Drinks at Wet Willies in Miami


My ankles were not the biggest I've seen, but definitely swollen.  I decided when I got back no scale.  I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

When I got back it was a struggle to get up and workout.  It almost felt like the first couple of weeks. Also doing things that had gotten easier felt like a big of a struggle.

Tuesday I got on the scale and I was 359.0.  I am stupidly happy I was in the 350s.  I'm also positive if I had gotten on the scale when I got back I would have had extreme sad face.

Back on the scale thursday and I'm either 355 or 354.  My scale is dying and I'm going to order a new one today.  Either way I'm in a happy place.  Today would normally be my cheat day, and I did have one donut, other that that I am going to try and stick to my plan for another week.

I don't want to set a specific goal since I've realized alot can happen, but I would be really happy to finish out the summer in the 340s.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1lb

Well this week end been a little wacky. I didn't eat anything I planned to eat. I didn't over eat and I think I made good choices all week. I only exercised once this week which I'm not entirely happy with, but I'm ok with that too. Back at it tomorrow (Saturday). So anyway. I know I haven't had the big 3-4 weight loss I had been having so I jumped on the scale. I'm down a pound( to 333) . Its nice because I haven't gained, but I would like to be firmly in the 320s by the end of the month. I have managed to stick to my lent goals with the exception of the 2 beef meals I've had. I will admit Applebees has been calling and it was rough avoiding the scallops with bacon but I'm ok. Funny who I can ignore the Ben and Jerry's and not the scallops. I wonder if it will get easier. Happy that I am not forming any new attachments with food. I do have a craving for hooter, but I think their salads (if you can call it that, more like salad dressi

Reading through my Blog/ Learning more about me

So I was looking for distraction from the vending machine monster and I found a 100 calorie snack ( i need to start carrying those again) and realized I was 312 lbs back in April. :-(, but I think the good thing is I am back at 312 and will soon be lower. I also learned spring and summer are bad times for me and I need to learn to modify my exercise plan during the summer. I think I felt like if I didn't feel like working out I couldn't do anything. I should have done maybe 30 min or something...We'll see I also noticed I am slightly scale obsessed, but like I posted before the scale has been who I judge myself and right now I WANT to be under 300lbs. So between the 100 cal snack and reading 3fc and the blog I am ok. Now home to a bowl full of mixed vegetables ( lol and I am actually looking forward to it)

Repeating Mistakes/ To fibit not to fitbit

LOL once I start blogging I can't stop. So I'm in the exercise groove...I've been here before..the weight is coming off.  I'm eating right, feeling good..and then...I do too much, get frustrated and binge and then quit...sigh So I started posting on 3 fat chicks again.  I felt like I need an outlet for things I was feeling without judgement and I like reading about other people struggles so I don't feel alone.  I am avoiding any challenges and any group posts.  The posts where everyone already knows everyone so you post but no one responds because they don't really know you...blah... The reality is I don't do well on challenges and it stops becoming about weight loss and feeling good and more about "winning" nothing..because there is no actual prize.  If I win yeah..but often I "lose" and feel bad and then begins a downward spiral into feeling like a failure.  Weirdly this is also the reason I never got into counting carbs or cal